Sunday, February 10, 2013

Svenska Pannkakor (Swedish Pancakes)

Thank you google for the translation.  I figure, if my brother is working on some Nordic language skills . . . I should do the same.

Sunday morning is our homemade breakfast designated time, unless we decide to do breakfast for dinner . . .we enjoy that too.  We have some breakfast favorites.  Steven LOVES the Swedish pancakes at Stockholm Inn in Rockford.  I know I've talked about it before.  They are a definite treat when we go back to visit my family.  Im talking every other day (for the brothers/dad/huz in my life).  In the meantime, we'll enjoy our homemade version:


Swedish Pancakes:

3/4 cup sifted flour
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt (optional)
3 eggs
1 1/4 cup milk
2 Tbsp oil

Sift dry ingredients. Combine beaten eggs, milk and oil. Add to dry ingredients, stirring until smooth. Pour batter a tablespoon at a time on hot griddle, tilting griddle to make a very thin cake. Serve with melted butter sprinkled with sugar, and hot lingonberry or blueberry sauce.  Maple syrup is a favorite too.

Enjoy or Smaklig måltid, rather!

No comments:

Post a Comment