Monday, February 25, 2013

We Have a 5-Year Old

My dearest fury firstborn is five today.  I ask myself, "Where did the time go?!"  I know she's not your typical firstborn, but I do think that a lot of the same feelings of having any type of 5-year old would throw you into a frenzy.  5 year old child, 5 year old marriage, 5 year old ball of fur, 5 year old pair of shoes. . . You get the point.  It really makes one ponder the concept of time.  In all reality, it goes by WAY TOO FAST.
Dodson's Izzy Bear (according to her AKC registration papers)-

Thank you for being the sweetest pup known to mankind!  You truly have brought so much joy to our lives.  You may just be a canine friend, but you have taught us many things that parents of human children need to know.  Unconditional love (your willingness to snuggle is endless), patience (especially in the beginning! yikes!), the need for peace in our home (otherwise you run up the stairs and hide from all of the nonsense), and compassion (thank you for all of the times that you allowed me to cry in your coat).  You are a tiny glimpse of what it's like to be godlike.  We love you!

-Your Mom & Dad

PS-  This year we will celebrate with homemade treats (I actually have a dog bone cookie cutter) and homemade frosty paws.  I will try and do a lot more of this for you, Cherro Perro.  After all, you only have 3 more years. . . teases your dad.  Little does he know, you will be one of those rare cases that lives to be 17!

No comments:

Post a Comment