Sunday, June 10, 2012

Desert Hike With The Pooch

There is something wonderful about having a dog....there are many things, actually.  Unconditional love, obedience, and the fact that you don't have to ask them if they are up for doing something...they just go.  No whining...just plain eagerness.

That's what Bear did for me this morning.  She and I went on a desert hike...and for being quite the wuss of a lab that she is...she proved herself to be the 'sporty' type.  Once we hit the trail, I removed her leash and she trekked right by my side.

I absolutely LOVE where we live.  There are trails, parks, and peacefulness from the rest of this crazy city.  It's actually quite freeing, to be able to walk a few blocks down the road and enjoy what the desert has to offer.  



After my morning with Bear, I felt pretty complete.
This might just have to become a habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment