Thursday, August 23, 2012

Back to the Grind

Holy Cow! It's back to work for me tomorrow morning.  I kind of feel like it was just a few weeks ago, that I was getting excited for our trip to Hawaii.  About that, I probably should post on that for memories sake and make summer feel, not so over.

Steven's first day was today, and he came back with a good report.  So far so good.  I was getting nervous last week, because I was feeling like I was getting used to the routine of not working . . . but then I taught the 5 and 6 year olds (my favorite age group!) on Sunday, and realized that I can't wait to get back to these guys!

Overall, it was a pretty good summer!  Kind of emotional at times, but overall really good!  I have a lot of things to be grateful for and a lot of things to look forward to.  In a way, I look at the new school year as the beginning of a new year. . . which means new resolutions.  I want to keep myself busy with things that I've been meaning to do and meaning to learn.

Speaking of . . .


This past weekend, Steven's cousin taught me how to can!  Me oh my, domesticity. . . so fun!  There is something so fulfilling about learning to be more self reliant.

1 comment:

  1. that's such a good skill to have! i really need to learn. good luck at school this year!

    ReplyDelete