I realize that the new year began a week and a day ago, but I wanted to post about our Christmas with my family; and I also wanted to truly ponder my wishes for the new year.
I have been composing a list for the past couple of weeks and this is what I came up with . . .
1. Complete IVF with Success - Big surprise that this is my #1, right?! It still breaks my heart that this is our path to parenthood, but I am working through it being a despair. My wise and very kind counselor told me that it's a grieving process that requires to take time and heal. She's right, and it's becoming much easier as life goes on.
2. Get Organized - You know how we all pin our little hearts out with the best of intentions? I do. In fact, I have a board labeled "Organize My Life". This year, I'm really doing it. I'm not just saying that, because I've actually started. PS - The garage looks daunting.
3. Do More, Worry Less - This one falls under the organize category. Confession: I have OCD. Not like, "Oh, hahaha, that was so OCD of me". Like literally . . . I worry so much about perfection that I often procrastinate. I get so overwhelmed and I don't end up accomplishing what I'd like to finish. My powder room is a prime example. . .
4. Create - I find myself happiest when I am creating. Whether it be in the kitchen, crafting, writing; I am at my happiest . . . and who doesn't want to be happy?
5. Serve - My church calling allows me to encourage service in our ward, but has also helped me to consciously think about serving others on my own. I find myself focusing on the needs of others and not so much about qualms or issues that I may have. The act of serving others, brings to mind, my favorite line in Les Miserables:
"To love another is to see the face of God"
Couldn't we all use a better relationship with God? I would like to make it a personal goal to find more opportunities to serve.
6. Read. In French. - I am in desperate need of honing my French speaking skills. What better way, then to read in the language? Novels that were purchased during last year's trip to France are staring me in the face.
As you all know, we our hoping (and praying!) that this will be 'our year'.
So, cheers to 2013! May it bring to us all - health (maybe wealth, too?!!) and happiness!