Friday, September 28, 2012

Desk Reveal!

So, MANY years ago, I inherited this beauty . . . or rather, not so beauty.  But it's solid wood and I liked the size and shape and I told myself that one day, I would refinish it and turn it into my own little crafting/sewing space.  

The day has finally come my friends, and I couldn't be more pleased!


The key to painting wood furniture is using both an oil-based primer and paint.  I used the same paint used on my kitchen island a few months back.  I also used a paint gun (I hate brush marks!)

Paint - It's a pure white by Sherwin-Williams
Knobs - Anthropologie
Drawer Liner - found this cute pattern at TJ Maxx

A very special THANKS to my friends Emily and Laura for helping me choose the hardware while shopping at Anthro.  So many options, but I am pleased with what they helped me choose!

1 comment:

  1. i can't even tell you how much i love this! you did a great job! the color, knobs and liner are perfect. i wish we could shop more often!

    ReplyDelete