Saturday, September 15, 2012

Memories from France - France Day 6: April 21st 2011

Thursday morning we left the train station from St. Die for our two days in Paris! It was hard leaving though. . . I won't lie, I cried, on the train. I had to put my sunglasses on. I love my family so much and I worry about how many more times I will be able to see my grandparents in this lifetime. As we were sitting on the train waiting to leave, I also started thinking about how many good memories I have from spending my summers in France as a child and as a teen. Steven made the comment, "I can see why you love it here so much." Those words meant so much to me! It's like he finally got it! **Side note - Steven was skeptical about a vacation in Europe, but was pleasantly surprised!** As hard as it was leaving St. Die, our time in Paris was wonderful! Our hotel room was nice, nothing extravagant, but simple! All I wanted was to be able to see the Eiffel Tower from my window and that's exactly what we got! We spent the day walking past the Eiffel Tower, to the Hotel des Invalides (which holds Napoleon's tomb), back to the Eiffel Tower's grounds, all the way up to the Arc de Triomphe, and back to our hotel for dinner at a small cafe. We came to the conclusion, that we walked about 9 miles that day. . . so much for using the Metro! Our feet were killing us by the end of the day, but we were so happy to take in the sights as much as we could!

Paris, Je t'aime. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment