Thursday, September 13, 2012

Memories from France - France Day 5: April 20th 2011

Wednesday morning, my uncle took us to the Alsace region of France to see the Haut Koenigsbourg Castle, some of the small fortified Alsatian towns, and wine country. The drive was beautiful! Seriously, the pictures don't do it justice. When we were in Riquewihr, Steven kept saying "Wow, I can't believe that towns like this exist. I thought that you only found places like this in Disneyland!" Sorry Steven, but I'm thinking that Disneyland came after these 400+ year old towns! The boy is slowly being cultured. . .

A special thanks to my uncle Michel, for being the most knowledgeable and exciting tour guide! I'm pretty sure that he is one of Steven's favorite people!

Haut Koenigsbourg Castle



Riquewihr


Kaysersberg


Wednesday night, we all got together to say our goodbyes and to snap a few family photos. The next morning we were headed for our two days in Paris! I loved seeing my family in France and introducing them to Steven! After five years of marriage, it was about time!

No comments:

Post a Comment